a few months ago i was making one of those “mad dash” shopping trips at whole foods around lunch time. i have learned that i should never, ever shop when i am hungry. i have zero self control. anyway, i managed to get out of the store without grabbing a lot of extras except for a bottle of cranberry chia seed lemonade. it looked interesting & bonus, it was on sale. i loved it. the texture is a little odd the first time you drink it, but other than that you never notice the chia seeds. our family is already a lover of fresh squeezed lemonade, so why not add more fiber & omega fats? we always have fresh lemons in our house (i buy 10 lbs of organic lemons every month in my azure standard order) and those only last us about 2-3 weeks. so if you are looking for a refreshing summer drink, definitely try some chia seed lemonade. we typically just make ours by the glass & raspberries are not necessary…the plain lemon is wonderful also.
|raspberry chia seed lemonade||
- 2 organic lemons
- handful of raspberries (or any desired fruit)
- 3 Tbps. chia seeds
- 16 ounces of water
- splash of maple syrup (per desired sweetness)
- use a citrus juicer or hand squeeze the lemons
- juice the raspberries or crush up with a mortar.
- mix lemons, juiced raspberries & 16 ounces of water
- add a splash of maple syrup and stir
- taste to check sweetness, add more maple syrup if needed
- add in chia seeds and stir throughly
- let set for about 5 minutes before drinking (chia seeds need to hydrate)
the sprouted life’s favorite products & appliances used in this recipe: