At the end of October, my husband and I decided to do a 21 day cleanse. We didn’t follow any mainstream cleanses in which they try to sell product (I am not a fan), but we basically followed the principles set by Dr. Alejandro Junger and his Clean Gut Cleanse & his blog for a bunch of recipes. Basics of it, were a protein smoothie for breakfast, lunch was main meal of veggies, protein and clean fat and then dinner was an entree salad + plus no eating from dinner until breakfast. My husband and I loved it, and now we crave our morning smoothies instead of a heavier breakfast. I thought I would share my favorite smoothie combination that I would pick over any others.
Fiber: Flax seed and Chia Seeds
Vitamins, minerals and protein: pumpkin seeds, roasted cocoa nibs, brazil nuts, spinach, unsweetened almond milk and organic chocolate protein powder
Because of all the fiber and protein, this smoothie is incredibly filling and satisfying.
- 1.5 cups of almond milk
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- handful of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3-4 brazil nuts
- 2 Tbsp - ¼ c. raw pumpkin seeds (I soak and sprout mine first)
- 1Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. ground flax seed
- 1Tbsp. roasted cocoa nibs
- 2 scoops of orgain organic chocolate protein powder
- dump all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend. enjoy!