If you are looking to change things up for breakfast, try these sweet potato pancakes! Subtly sweet and a great grain free alternative. Since I am feeding 3 growing boys, finding clean burning carbs is something I am always looking for.
- 16 oz. (450g) sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into cubes
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- ¼ cup (30g) walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
What you need to do
- Cook the sweet potatoes in a pot of boiling water for around 15 minutes. Then drain and let it cool.
- Place the cooked potatoes in a high bowl, add the eggs and cinnamon, and blend with a hand blender until smooth.
- Heat ¼ tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and add 3 portions of batter (around 2 heaped tablespoon per pancake). Fry the pancakes for about 3 minutes until golden brown and done. Turn halfway and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Divide the pancakes onto plates (3 per serving), sprinkle with the chopped nuts and drizzle with maple syrup, to serve.