Spring and summer are my favorite times of the year. I love fresh seasonal vegetables and meals seem to be inherently lighter. A quick easy dinner that we like to throw together are baked salmon packets. The are easy and literally your entire meal is baked all together in a little parchment paper pouch. I really try to buy wild caught salmon whenever I can get it on sale and our local Earth Fare had it on sale for $8.99/lb the other day, yay! You can use any combination of vegetables but our favorite is a combination of carrots, zucchini and asparagus (of course these are missing zucchini because I forgot to buy it on my shopping trip).
The most difficult part about making this meal is keeping my 5 year old from eating all the veggies as I cut them. Seriously, these are such a simple, yet satisfying meal…perfect for busy summer nights. I was actually prepping these before my son’s baseball game so that I could just throw them in the oven when we got home.
- 1 lb wild caught salmon (cut into 4 equal pieces)
- 4 – carrots
- 2 – medium zucchini
- 1 – bunch of asparagus
- (or any combination of fresh vegetables, sugar snap peas, green beans and yellow squash work well also)
- olive oil
- lemon pepper seasoning (I use Simply Organic)
- salt & pepper
- Julienne cut all your vegetables and divide into four servings.
- Place each serving of the vegetables on a parchment paper square, and drizzle with a little olive oil and a little salt & pepper.
- Place each fresh piece of salmon on top of the vegetables and drizzle with a little more olive oil and lemon pepper seasoning.
- seal the parchment paper into packets and staple shut.
- back at 400 degrees for approx. 15 mins. (can vary depending on thickness of the salmon)
- *Vegetables will still be a little crunchy, so if you like your vegetables cooked more, I would suggest blanching them for 2-3 minutes prior to baking